Sunday, February 1, 2009

Planning for Our Year One- Geography

Geography. We are going to use The Ambleside Series Geography Books by Charlotte M. Mason. This was an easy choice. Could not ask for something more in lines with what Charlotte Mason recommends than her own works. So happy about this. We are also going to continue to read from the book titled Window on the World by Daphne Spraggett with Jill Johnstone. We found this book on The Voice of the Martyrs web site and we love it. It has helped my son learn about children in other parts of the world and how to pray for them. As for AO, they have Paddle to the Sea as their geography reading for year one. We have already begun reading this book and my son loves it. We look at the map in the back of the book as a reference. We will place this book on our free reading list. By June we will be pretty close to finishing this book. I think we will do geography once or twice a week. I am not sure on this yet. Anyway, this is our geography plans. So far so good. Next is... I am not sure what I will work on next. Will it be copywork, art study, math, who knows. At least I know I have til June. Many Blessings.

No comments: