Wednesday, December 2, 2009


We started our Advent studies yesterday.
As we read the Christmas story,
we decided that this year we will make
our own nativity scene.
One piece each day.
We started with the stable.
We gathered our supplies that we
found on our walk earlier.


Twigs for the opening.
Loving glue dots.


Oak bark completed the stable.
Again glue dots and tacky glue.


Here is the view from the back.


It is simple and beautiful.
We placed it under our Jesse Tree.

Finding ways to keep the focus on Christ.
Many blessings.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What an awesome idea! I love it! My boys would really have fun doing this. I can't wait to see what else you all create.

themagiconions said...

Oh my gosh!!! What a gorgeous idea! I look forward to seeing the other characters in your advent.
Blessings and magic.

Unknown said...

It's been a while since I popped over-looks like you've all been having so much fun! Tried leaving a comment a while back but it just wouldn't upload :(

Your nature creations are inspiring, I love the idea of making the stable from collections from your nature walks.

And that special Christmas present, just the sweetest!

Looking forward to seeing your other creations.