Friday, May 15, 2009

Running

"Marathoning is just another form of insanity."
John Kelly- winner 1952 Boston Marathon

"You have a choice. You can throw in the towel,
or you can use it to
wipe
the sweat off your face."
Gatorade Ad

This is me after completing my first marathon,
The 2006 Disney Marathon.
At that moment I knew I was hooked.
I have run two more marathons since this
and had twins.
The 2008 and 2009 Disney Marathons.
Note I said run, not completed.
I have only completed in years 2006 and 2008.
You win some and you lose some.
I have posted about my 2009 marathon.

I have several 5K's planned this summer,
a 1/2 marathon in October and December,
and a marathon in January.
I have been lack in my running as of late,
the motivation just has not been there,
neither has the accountability.
I love running, so this has been hard.

Monday all that will change.
My running buddy and I have planned out a
running schedule through our January marathon.
Our schedules will be posted on our refrigerators.
We will meet each Sunday, our long run day,
and talk about our training the prior week.
This will definitely help with the motivational and accountability
parts I have been struggling with.
I am excited.
I love running and having not only a plan,
but someone to train with is wonderful.

Now, where did I put the Bodyglide and sunscreen?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh, how I wish I could join! My exercise has been lacking so much! Meeting someone for long runs is the best and knowing that other person is running throughout the week is a bonus to keep you motivated. I think it is fabulous that you have such a goal to shoot for!