Saturday, May 22, 2010

Gardening


My little two square foot garden
is coming along.
Had a couple of setbacks, but still going strong.
Gardening is very new to me, so I am learning
as I go.
My tomato plants are full of green tomatoes.
I have a couple of varieties and looking
soooo forward to a fresh ripe tomato.
Mouth watering as I post this.
Little caterpillars also love my tomato plants.
Everyday I check, pick off if needed
and carry on.
Many have given suggestions for cures, but
most involve chemicals and that is a no
with my garden, a big no.
Beets are not taking, so pulled them up.
Oh well, I was the only one who was going to eat
them anyway.
Am I the only one who hates thinning?
Seems such a waste.
Really having to stay on top of watering.
Really hot.
Lots of blooms on my pea vines, hope
that is a good sign.
Not really sure what to expect there.
Like I said all is new.
Strawberries are being enjoyed by some
local wildlife I suppose.
Every time I see a strawberry forming,
before it has totally ripened,
gone it is.
Maybe a little chicken wire might help,
next season.
Planted some marigolds.
Heard they help with some pests.
If not, at least there will be some more color
to the garden.
I think that pretty much updates my
little garden.
I do love my little garden,
I really do.
Many blessings.

No comments: