Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Simplicity

Simplicity. I was reading two blogs today, each talked about simplifying their life. This is a topic my husband and I have been talking about alot over the past few weeks. We feel that we have been spending to much time running around and not enough time as a family. We have decided to make a few changes. First, my husband has started going into work earlier so he can be home earlier. This has allowed us more family time to go bike riding or for a walk. We are now eating at 5pm instead of 7pm. Now, the twins eat with us as a family. I call my 5yr old home from his friends or tell his friends it is time to go home at around 4:45pm. We have found that our son does alot better with the wind down time with family. We are enjoying this extra time together. Also, we are staying home more. We are limiting our eating out to maybe once every other week from once a week. This has saved money. Being home is nice and relaxing. I need to learn to turn off the ringer more though. This has been hard for me, but I know I need to do it, especially when reading with the children. I have committed myself to "ringer off" for three hours everyday starting on Monday, May 5th. I will wite about how this goes in later blogs. Decluttering is another thing we are undertaking at our home. We are taking one room at a time. Next week will be the laundry room and mud room. This week was my bags- work, church, diaper, and purse. Yes, it took the whole week to get it done. I know some rooms will take several weeks to get done, but we are going to stick to one room til the room is done. We are doing a little everyday, around an hour's worth and that is all. We do not like a lot of "stuff". We like our house open and simple. Besides, I hate to dust, and with little ones, this also limits breakage of things. Speaking of little ones, they are calling. Many Blessings.

No comments: