Friday, July 18, 2008

Our Homeschool So Far

Here are some pictures of our learning area that is upstairs. I am constantly changing things. Plus, my husband is building things. We have a large open room upstairs. There is an area at the top of the stairs that I have gated off for our "home school" area, the rest of the large open room is a play area for all. It has a sofa and chairs and yes, a TV too. Sometimes the TV comes in handy if the twins are a little fussy while I am working with my oldest or we want to watch a nature video, etc. I wasn't going to have a TV upstairs, but have found the need at times, but 99% of the time it is off and music is playing.

This is an overview of our home school area.
This is a picture of our white board and my son's art table.
This is our math and activity area.
These baskets are full of all kinds of magazines and learning books that are free to look anytime.
This is our home school book shelves that houses all of our year one books and math manipulative's .
This is the top of our book shelf that has our dry erase pens, stickers, and world globe. Above the shelf is a blank daily schedule board to be filled out later.
This is our indoor science table. Very empty right now, but I suspect it will not be for long. Again walls are bare just for the time being.
Far wall will be used for our timeline. Of course it will be high so little hands can not pull it down.
My husband is building cubby shelves that will go the length of this wall and go half way up the wall. Above the shelves will go the children's artwork. Can not wait to see the shelves. Will post when complete.
One of the twins looking on while the oldest is painting.
This is down stairs and is where we do our Bible study, all the children are included. Also, this is where my oldest and I will snuggle and do our daily readings while the twins nap.
That is all for now. In another post I will show how and where our artist and composer study will happen. Also, I will show our outdoor science/nature table where all of our found treasures will be.
This is a work in progress and I am sure I will be tweaking it as I go.

1 comment:

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

That looks like a relaxing learning environment. It sure is nice to have a designated area.

Saw you at Life With Boys. It's always fun to stumble upon 'boy' moms!