Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Including Younger Siblings


Home schooling with younger ones around
can be a challenge.



Til this term, we waited for the younger ones
to nap before any schooling began.
The morning hours were spent outside
playing, exploring, observing.
This term I wanted to do something different.
I wanted to include the little ones, a bit.
The bulk of concentrated studies is still
done during the twins nap.

Now each morning we have the hymn
for the term playing with breakfast. We all sing.
After breakfast we all gather on pillows
in the family room.
We first all stand and say the pledge,
well my oldest and I do, the little ones
stand, giggle, and have their hands over their bellies.
We then get out the playtime devotional
book and do our little song.
Books of the Bible and memory verse next.
Afterwards, I read books.
Some are from the year one list,
others might be what some consider twaddle.



The little ones seem to like being included.
Of course, outside play is much wanted
by all next.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm so glad your morning routine is working out! Thank you for your wonderful and kind comments! You're right, put God first and all else falls into place. Isn't it fun having all of the kids do morning routine together? Even if all the little ones do is giggle, they're getting a lot out of it! God bless and I can't wait to read more!