Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Unplugging

I recently came across a blog site called Unplug Your Kids. This week they are having a Unplug Challenge Week. Check out the site: http://www.unplugyourkids.com. I wished I had seen this earlier because I would have loved to join the challenge. We do not watch to much TV during the day anyway, but either late afternoon or night time after dinner, a movie is watched. I think the challenge will be a good one for me especially. I do love my computer and the phone constantly rings. I have tried before of not answering the phone between certain hours to no avail. I need this challenge more than the kids.

So, here goes, starting Monday May 4th- Sunday May 9th, we are going unplugged.

I have a few rules, more for myself than for anybody else.

1) can check e-mails and blogs once a day in the am only
2) no TV period
3) no answering the phone between the hours of 9am and 2pm
and also between 5pm and 8pm. Will make sure friends and family know.

I think that will do. We do not have electronic games or video games, etc. to worry with, so no need to talk about them.

I am excited.
I think I can, I think I can, I think can......
Many blessings.

2 comments:

Valerie Stills said...

OHHHH, I want to join you! One exception, I will be finishing my 2 classes so will need to also do homework.

Great idea!

Blessed Mommy said...

No problem. Would love for you to join me/us. It will be nice to be sharing this experience with someone. Many blessings.